On a Steel Horse I Ride
Jeff Mann is not comfortable talking about himself in the third person. Early Facebook culture agitated him a great deal, but that's another story...
Working on his Ph.D. in International Studies, he was on a career trajectory towards becoming an international troublemaker and revolutionary. Or a college professor. Given the inevitable outcomes of either of the aforementioned options, Jeff decided a career in IT would be much more practical.
And despite being a Mac-centric, Prius-driving, progressive-minded, techie-dude living in Austin, TX, Jeff insists he is not in any way a hipster, citing his Southern roots, intense disdain for intentional irony and whimpy indie-rock, and a deep love for Freedom Rock, his big-ass motorcycle, an ever-growing tattoo collection, and the Oxford Comma. And BTW, Jeff has seven cats.
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Second-tier (and beyond) Help Desk Remote Support
- Server setup and configuration
- Server and Email account management
- Sharepoint management, auditing, and tracking
- CrashPlan auditing, configuration, and troubleshooting
- DNS configuration
- Figuring out weird sh*t
- Whatever else comes through the pipe
- Internal Operations